Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello everybody I’m not sure how to write when I’m putting pictures in but the yellow and green bird(scout) also has a bit of turquoise blue/green under her tail as well & as for the perches I’m currently looking into getting natural wood with varying sizes :)

·
Administrator
57,904 Posts
Is there something wrong with Scout's cere? It looks as though it is damaged in the center at the lower portion?

StarlingWings and/or wmcburke will be able to advise you with regard to the budgies' mutations.
I agree they are both babies and probably about 12 weeks old.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yes, both young, witness the barring on their foreheads.

As for mutations, they are both opaline single factor dominant pieds, one is cobalt and the green one is either light or dark green--difficult to say with the lighting such as it is. But there may be more going on. If you could provide pictures from the side or behind we could tell you in more detail.

As for gender, the ceres are in shadow. If you could provide head-on shots in natural light we could identify genders.

·
Super Moderator
4,812 Posts
I agree about the cere of the yellow and green bird it looks like there is an injury right in the center just above the beak, do these 2 fight?

·
Super Moderator
18,913 Posts
They're adorable :D Both boys, as far as I can tell. I'm fairly sure of this but as my colleagues above mentioned the cere is in shadow so more photos would confirm. Additionally, I actually don't think they're both opaline. The cobalt looks like a spangle to me; since we can't see the wings it's hard to tell. Could you get photos of their wings?

·
Administrator
57,904 Posts
Please respond to the questions regarding the yellow budgie's cere and whether or not the two budgies have been fighting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree about the cere of the yellow and green bird it looks like there is an injury right in the center just above the beak, do these 2 fight?
It is already healed over no they do not fight it happened when we were taking them home they were scared in the same small box.

Please respond to the questions regarding the yellow budgie's cere and whether or not the two budgies have been fighting.
The birds do not fight. Scout got it on the way home from the pet store and it has already healed over.

Is there something wrong with Scout's cere? It looks as though it is damaged in the center at the lower portion?

StarlingWings and/or wmcburke will be able to advise you with regard to the budgies' mutations.
I agree they are both babies and probably about 12 weeks old.
The cere has healed over already they do not fight she got it on the way home from the pet store as they were in each others space in a small box.
Bird Vertebrate Beak Pet supply Feather

This is scouts cere today, many of you have commented expressing concerns if my two budgies fight; No they do not, scout got the scratch on the way home from the pet store and it has since healed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.