Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
She looks yellow face type 1 normal grey to me. The yellow face indicates she's blue-based rather than green-based.

Let's wait for Nev or ATVChick or Lindsey to be sure.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
the pics aren't very clear
what color is she in person? more Grey or More greenish?

Here's a Grey Green of mine

And here's a Yellow Face Grey

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the pics aren't very clear
what color is she in person? more Grey or More greenish?

Here's a Grey Green of mine

And here's a Yellow Face Grey
ach no, not a nother blue one. I'l ask my husband to get better pictures than mine. Her tail featers are black, and her colour to me is almost like an olive.:S

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Woozy

I have a yellow face grey and I do not know if she is typ II, but her chicks was yf and grey and she is definitly grey colour, but this one is more green.

Thank you to you all, till later:D

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
ach no, not a nother blue one. I'l ask my husband to get better pictures than mine. Her tail featers are black, and her colour to me is almost like an olive.:S
Grey budgies have all black tails, and blue cheek patches like yours too ;)

The greenish looking color she has is from the yellowface type 2 gene, which spreads from the face to the body and mixes with the grey\blue on the body making it look green :) she is not a green based budgie though ;)

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I have a yellow face grey and I do not know if she is typ II, but her chicks was yf and grey and she is definitly grey colour,
This little one sounds like a yellowface type 1 grey, the yellow stays mostly on the face so the normal body color isn't effected as much as a type 2 :)

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

This little one sounds like a yellowface type 1 grey, the yellow stays mostly on the face so the normal body color isn't effected as much as a type 2 :)
Thanks Lindsey! If I pair Woozy YFII grey with Rix (YFI cobalt Blue), what will the chick be? :S Oh! it's so nice of all the TB friends in helping me!!!!!

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
She still looks like a yellow face grey with the spread of the yellow making her look greenish. If you look at the shade of yellow in her wings and compare it to the yellow on a green based bird you will see the difference

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
She still looks like a yellow face grey with the spread of the yellow making her look greenish. If you look at the shade of yellow in her wings and compare it to the yellow on a green based bird you will see the difference
Thanks Nev90!:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.