Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, here is Woozy's(my hen) new friend!! He is so beautifull and I was in love form the first time I have seen him in the Petshop. So I change a green male for him and paid up a bit to get him. Still no name yet, but I still have to figure out what mutation he is. Enjoy the photo's!

Attachments

·
Registered
925 Posts
Wow!!! I love his rich blue color! And the blue on the back of his head! He is so gorgeous.

What kind of ideas do you have in mind for a name?

·
Registered
925 Posts
I am amazed at how easily people can tell the genetic breakdown. Is there any article or thread on here that explains all the colors mutations and pieds? Not that I even know how to pronounce the word "pied" ... I think of a clown throwing pies at you and laughing, "PIED!! HAHAH! PIED!!!"

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
He is a spangle cobalt violet
Thanks Nev90, this time I was right. Yesterday evening after I have posted, I looked threw all the photos I have printed and the descriptions of the mutation and I was not sure if he is a violet, but now I know for sure.:D Can you get a opaline spangle cobalt violet?

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am amazed at how easily people can tell the genetic breakdown. Is there any article or thread on here that explains all the colors mutations and pieds? Not that I even know how to pronounce the word "pied" ... I think of a clown throwing pies at you and laughing, "PIED!! HAHAH! PIED!!!"
I think Susan Budgies gave me the web-site: www.budgiecom/colorguide and I go there and have a look.
The name, no I do not have any idea. Woozy the hen (YF type 1 grey) name was just right for the way she looks. A photo of her, just type in "Woozy" at search and you can see her. Thanks for helping find me a name.:)

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Thanks Nev90, this time I was right. Yesterday evening after I have posted, I looked threw all the photos I have printed and the descriptions of the mutation and I was not sure if he is a violet, but now I know for sure.:D Can you get a opaline spangle cobalt violet?
Yep you can have opaline with the mutations he is already :)

Adorible little guy you have ;)

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gorgeous he could be a long lost brother to my Apollo :p he's Violet Spangle too :D
Hi, it is amazing that you can get a budgie so far over the sea en look just like the other. God created so many amazing people, birds and animals and we all can enjoy it. Have a nice day!:)

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks to you all TB friends. He is still isolated. I am still looking for a name! Any names?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.