Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so maybe I'm just being paranoid about this. Hopefully I'll be getting a budgie from a breeder tomorrow. I had to buy a new cage as I had thrown my other one away as I was never planning on getting another budgie after my other one died but here we are.

Now the cage I bought is a puerto rico cage and the main thing I'm worried about are the 3 doors it has. They just slide up and im worried my new budgie will be able to lift them up and will get out.

Does anyone have a similar cage and is there anything I can do to make sure that doesn't happen. It's mainly going to be staying in my bedroom so if it gets out there's not much of an issue but when I'm at work I want to have him downstairs so he has some human company. But sometimes the back door is left open and well if he manages to open the door it's bye bye budgie.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Get some small carabiners to latch round the doors so he can't open them? One of my girls has a penchant for lifting things, primarily bowls out of their holders until they fall to the floor. If my cage had sliding doors, she'd be escaping all the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.