Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had two budgies sadly one of them passed away yesterday =(. I notice today that my other budgie seem to be breathing a little faster then normal. She is still eating and playing. Is this a sign that she is sick or is this normal?

·
Administrator
59,672 Posts
I'm sorry for the loss of your budgie that passed.

It's difficult to say if your current budgie is ill as budgies hide symptoms of illness.
Often, by the time a budgie exhibits signs of being ill, it is actually very sick. :(

I suggest you take your budgie to an Avian Vet for a proper diagnosis.

Locate an Avian Vet

Association of Avian Veterinarians
http://www.aav.org/search/index.php

International Vets Register
Vets

Bird Vets Near You
Veterinarians.com

·
Registered
37,335 Posts
Erica, I am so sorry your budgie has gone to our Angel flock. As you do not know what caused your budgie's death it would be wise to have a wellness check up and thoroughly clean and disinfect the cage. Please let us know what the avian vet has to say.:budgie:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know my other bird after awhile he would stop eating food unless it was his seed food but than somedays he wouldnt even eat that.. He would kick all the food out the cage. So I am thinking it has something to do with that... Ima take my other bird to the vet in few minutes, I hope they have some type of payment plan I can do

·
Servant of The King
11,866 Posts
Very wise of you to make the vet visit. Please update us on what you find out...

Reactions: FaeryBee
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.