Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I will post a longer explanation of the book later. But now I need your photos. I would like to make a budgie mutation book. The book will have realistic illustrations and a short explanation of each mutation. I don't think I will write about how to breed each mutation because I don't know much about each mutation at this time. It would be great If I could get photos of each mutation. So post all the photos you would like it would be great. Thanks

Ok so to explain this book I'm writing and Illustrating in more detail...

I don't think anyone here knows this but I'm a Junior in college earning my bachelor degree in Fine arts. I am majoring in Illustration and minoring in painting. I would like to bring my love and knowledge for parakeets into one of my assignments. The assignment in a nut shell is to write and illustrate a book of your choice. Now I have always wanted to produce a book on budgie color mutations but I have never had the chance. This is a great opportunity to show off my work as well. So for the book. I will break down the book page by page. Each page will have the title of the mutation an illustration of a color mutation, a brief description of what the mutation is and maybe if it is sex linked recessive dominant or a mix of mutations. I also might go into the history of the mutation but I'm not sure I have the information for that yet. I will not be trying to describe how to breed this mutation. The reason I need you photos is I will be needing reference photos of every mutation. Now I know I can get all of them off google but I would like to get some people here at talk budgies to participate. Pleas keep in mine that your photos will be used for reference only I will not be copy and pasting you photos. Also keep in mind they I maybe publishing this book at some time. So if you have a problem with your photos being used please tell me. Thanks

It would be great if I could get photos of all of the Mutations. Here is a list.
Green
Clearflight pied
Dominant pied
Spangle
Yellow face (both types)
Golden face
Grey factor
Violet factor
Anthracite
Blue
Greywing
Clearwing
Dilutes
Recessive pied
Fallow
Saddleback
Blackface
Opaline
Cinnamon
Lutino
Creamo
Albino
Lacewing
Clearbody
Slate
Rainbow
Dark eyed clear

·
Registered
516 Posts
I can post a picture of Cupid (if that would help??)

He's a sky blue opaline male

Picture:

ps.. He's a baby in this picture but it's the only one I have of his wings

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Dark eyed clears are combination of a recessive type & a dominant type
Dark eyed clears are a combination of recessive pied and clearflight pied - not just any dominant type

If you are doing someting like this it is very important that it is correct

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dark eyed clears are a combination of recessive pied and clearflight pied - not just any dominant type

If you are doing someting like this it is very important that it is correct
Sorry guys that info wasn't suppose to be in this thread.

·
Budgie Adorer
689 Posts

Skyblue spangle

olive green opaline

greygreen dom pied

light green opaline

opaline violet factor

light green dom pied

another pic of my golden faced budgie with violet factor

normal skyblue ****.

i hope these help for your project :)

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
Opaline

Dom.Pied

Df pied. Cinnamon opaline Violet

Creamino

Spangle clearflight pied single factor violet (sky blue?)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you guys so much for all of the pictures. The more the better. I have decided to finish the project this summer when I have all the time in the world to work on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.