Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I have been forced of the net for the last few days, here I Sunny NOT Aus!!! We have had some of the worst storms for a while. Our power has been down for two days, as we live in the country on ten acres that meant no showers, no toilets, no lights, no anything...... We have some big trees come down across the fences and a mess everywhere to clean up! The outdoor table was blown over but no casualties so we were lucky!
One poor person got killed when a tree fell across his car whist he was driving how sad. It was quite peaceful sitting with the fire for light as I didn't want to risk candles in case they affected the budgies.
All back on now thankfully.:D:budge:

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,788 Posts
That was quite the storm, too bad the driver wasn't so lucky...
It's good to have you back, though! :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Glad you're ok!! .. Your story of your last few days reminds me to appreciate our 'creature comforts'

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,320 Posts
Welcome Back...Tell me about it we had a bad storm the other day it came up black and looked like it was going to rain or pour and it just fizzled out.. It is now our Storm season here.. It is hot but not like the middle of Australia..
Sorry about the person that got killed... With this storm season around i hope we don't get another bad flood here we don't need it.. Bundaberg is still recovering from the last one in January North Bundaberg will never be the same again when we go over there you can see we will never forget the flood as you see a house and then no house just where it use to be.. I feel so sorry for the people of North Bundaberg they have no where to live they have lost there homes... No one no's how bad the flood was here in Bundaberg just terrible so i hope we don't get another one.. It is very dry and we need some rain but no floods...

·
Servant of The King
11,974 Posts
Was getting ready to organize a Cathy search party....:D
Glad to hear everything is ok with you....:)

G

·
Welcome back Cathy.. wondered where you suddenly went. Glad you are doing ok and i hope you all get back to normality soon.. its autumn here now and the winds and rains are returning and temps are dropping.... trees look goreous tho but i hate this time of year

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.