Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Stubborn budgies...
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!! I just noticed yellow color around Oscar’s eyes… is it something usual or serious? Below is a pic of it-
Organism Bird Fish Water Underwater

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don’t know about the yellow but had to congratulate you on the photo. Beautifully focused and all that intricate feathering and colour shows up so clearly. He’s a little stunner!

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
What you are seeing as "yellow" is the budgie's upper and lower eye-lids.

Were they white previously or have you just now noticed the color of them?
What are you feeding the budgies at this time?

We need to know if you disposed of the egg(s) laid by the female as you were advised.
If you refuse to answer this question I will be contacting you via Private Conversation regarding the matter.

·
Registered
Stubborn budgies...
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What you are seeing as "yellow" is the budgie's upper and lower eye-lids.

Were they white previously or have you just now noticed the color of them?
What are you feeding the budgies at this time?

We need to know if you disposed of the egg(s) laid by the female as you were advised.
If you refuse to answer this question I will be contacting you via Private Conversation regarding the matter.
No before they were white and now yellow… I am feeding them millet and calcium block. Once in a while I feed Coco with apple, but Oscar doesn’t like them so I can’t feed apple to him. I put vitamin drops every 2-3 days in their water too.

Don’t know about the yellow but had to congratulate you on the photo. Beautifully focused and all that intricate feathering and colour shows up so clearly. He’s a little stunner!
Thank you 😊

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
If the area was white and has now turned yellow then I recommend you have the budgie seen by an Avian vet.
Is the calcium block yellow by any chance?

Millet alone is NOT healthy for your budgies and you have been told this in the past.
A Healthy Diet for your Budgie
Quality Seed Mix
CuttleBones, Mineral Blocks and Manu Clay Roses
Safe Foods for Budgies
The Truth about GRIT

If you refuse to answer the question regarding disposing of the egg(s) and continue to resist following best practices, then we can no longer allow you to post on this forum.
You have been warned several times in the past about this.

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
Your birds need much more than just millet -- they need a quality seed mix, pellets, vegetables, cuttlebone AND mineral block.
This information has been provided to you multiple times already.

Coco should be receiving a calcium supplement as well.
Laying eggs is extremely hard on your budgie's health and she is much too young to have been allowed to continue with this clutch.

A brooding hen and the adult male MUST be given a nutritious and healthy diet for their health and well-being.

A Healthy Diet for your Budgie
Quality Seed Mix
CuttleBones, Mineral Blocks and Manu Clay Roses
Safe Foods for Budgies
The Truth about GRIT

Chances are the yellowing around the eyes is due to a nutritional deficiency.

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
Are you taking Oscar to the Avian Vet for a well-birdie exam and to be examined for a nutritional deficiency?

Avian Association of Veterinarians

Avian Vets have special training to determine the cause of symptoms resulting from illness or trauma.
This is important as "regular" vets will often overlook symptoms that are quickly obvious to an Avian Vet.
When you rely on anyone who has not had training in Avian diagnosis and care, you may be delaying effective treatment.
This can prolong suffering that may be avoidable.

The bird will often require a more intense, prolonged treatment with a poorer chance of full recovery than it would have if you seek prompt professional diagnosis and treatment at the first sign of illness.
If there are no Avian Vets near you, please find an Exotic Pet Veterinarian with experience in dealing with small birds.
Having your budgie examined by an Avian Vet allows you to develop a good relationship with the vet in case your bird needs care for an injury or illness in the future.
Additionally, it is always helpful for the vet to have a baseline for your bird to refer to should it need future treatment.

The Avian Physical Examination
Nutritional Diseases in Budgies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts