Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I have a what has been decided as a yellow faced type 2 albino hen, and a yellow face type 2 domanant pied sky blue **** (thanks to all of your help for figuring out what they were!) Does anyone know what I can expect for the babies if I decide to pair these 2? Or any other suggestions on what I should pair them with if not eachother ?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
I'm not a genetics expert, but I assure you one of our genetics experts (be it Nev or Dean) browse through this section and will help you out if they see it :)

G

·
Hello all!

I have a what has been decided as a yellow faced type 2 albino hen, and a yellow face type 2 domanant pied sky blue **** (thanks to all of your help for figuring out what they were!) Does anyone know what I can expect for the babies if I decide to pair these 2? Or any other suggestions on what I should pair them with if not eachother ?

Thanks!!!
Just trying to help before experts come along.

Creamino hen X YF2 skyblue dominant pied ****

Offsprings :

1. 25% YF2 skyblue dominant pied hen
2. 25% YF2 skyblue dominant pied **** split for ino
3. 25% YF2 normal skyblue hen
4. 25% YF2 normal skyblue **** split for ino

I would recommend a Lutino **** to mate with your creamino to get 100% Lutino chicks. Then your 2nd generations will have full of inos to mate with the normal coloured budgies.

·
Registered
93 Posts
a YF type 2 albino hen, and
a YF type 2 domanant pied sky blue ****

as Jimm-V has said, albino is a sex-linked mutation, therefore if the **** is not split for albino, then you would not get any visible albinos, but half of the males will be split for albino.

and as both birds are yellow face type 2, 25% of the chicks will get double factor yellowface. double factor yellow face has a white mask similar to a bird with no yellow face gene.

assuming the **** is NOT split for albino:
25% yellow face Type 2 dominant pied sky blue
12.5% double factor YF type 2 dominant pied sky blue (appears white mask)
12.5% dominant pied skyblue
25% yellow face Type 2 normal sky blue.
12.5% double factor YF type 2 sky blue (appears white mask)
12.5% skyblue

this is to the best of my knowledge.. i might have made some mistakes.. the experts will come to the rescue soon :D

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Type 2 yellow faced albino hen mated to a type 2 yellow face dominant pied sky blue ****. If the **** is not split for ino, the albino is not masking any other mutations and the yellow face is single factor you should get:

25% single factor type 2 yellow face blue normal
25% single factor type 2 yellow face blue dominant pied
12.5% double factor type 2 yellow face blue normal
12.5% double factor type 2 yellow face blue dominant pied
12.5% blue normal
12.5% dominant pied blue normal
All the males will be split for ino
The shade of blue will depend on the dark factor of the albino, If she has zero dark factors the chicks will all be sky blue; If she has 1 dark factor half the chicks will be cobalt & half sky blue; If she has 2 dark factors the chicks will all be cobalt

Double factor type 2 yellow face is sometimes difficult to tell from single factor when the birds are young but the yellow spreads less at the first moult in the double factor.

(It is the type 1 yellow face that has a white face when it is double factor)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Double factor type 2 yellow face is sometimes difficult to tell from single factor when the birds are young but the yellow spreads less at the first moult in the double factor.

(It is the type 1 yellow face that has a white face when it is double factor)
thanks nev. always trust u'l b there to correct us :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.