Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading a bit about genetics, but am a long way from fully understanding them!! So my question is...

I understand that there are two types of yellow face - type 1 and type 2 - and that it can fade after the first molt. So does this happen with both types or just one in particular?

I hope that makes sense :eek:

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Type 1 yellow face will sometimes get lighter as the bird matures (but not always). With type 2 the yellow usually increases after the first moult

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Yellow face seems to be the most complicated genetic - at least according to www.*************** under yellow face, Then its genetics it says Complicated! LOL

between the Type 1, Type 2, Type 1 Double factor, and Golden face who can keep up

doesn't help much when Some people refer to type 2 as golden face - it really just confuses me more lol

I know with type 1 it is (or usually ) strictly on their face no where else

where as type 2 bleeds into the body and makes a sky blue bird look Sea Foam green

I have both a Non pied type 2 yellow face and a Dominate Pied type 2 yellow face, Only reason I know my pied is a type 2 is because the yellow goes into her wings, and her white band is starting to turn Yellow

and Type 1 double factor is the most confusing of them all because it looks like a normal bird (white Face) lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.