Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi members,
I bred a female single factor yellow-faced type 1st violet-cobalt normal budgie, now left its nest. She had pale Iris purple body and creamy face.

Her father: single-factor yellow-faced type 1st cobalt normal. He had few creamy feathers on his nape. His body is bluish Teal blue.

Her mother: single factor violet-cobalt opaline. Her body is pale Iris purple.

This juvenile budgie had Hans purple body and creamy yellow-face.

Her three nestmates: two single factor violet-cobalt pied normal and one single factor yellow-faced type 1st cobalt normal which had pale Royal blue body (same colour as cobalt normal budgies).

But problem, is I do not know what will she look like when she reach adulthood.

Will she have same purple body and creamy face when she reach adulthood ??? :S

Attachments

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,121 Posts
I think there is only one way to find out for sure. You must send her to me immediately and when she reaches adulthood I will post a photo for you. Acutally might as well throw in her one of her pied nest mates too. :D

Oh and I am only slightly joking, if you lived closer to the Hawke's Bay you might have needed to increase security.

More seriously, I am guessing her colouring will remain the same, assuming she has inherited the yellowface I genetics from her father. I will be waiting to hear from one of the more experienced breeders if I am finally beginning to understand these genetics a bit better.

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,320 Posts
They are just Beautiful I have a yellow faced violet to Indigo is one year and 8 months old now... You will see him in my signature and the Avatar as well

·
Accidentally in love.
5,385 Posts
Your baby is gorgeous!! :loveeyes: From my understanding, the body color will remain about the same into adulthood with this mutation. However, I'm not an expert, so I could still be wrong. I hope someone can come along with a better and more definite answer for you. :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yellow-faced violet budgie.

Here's 5 more photoes of this yellow-faced violet budgie and her sister and her father.
Word unID is because I cannot tell whether this bird is a yellow-faced type 1st cobalt normal or a yellow-faced type 1st violet-skyblue normal, as her central tail feathers are not fully grown yet.

Cheers

clinton9.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
You know, don't worry your sweet head about that, just send her to me and relax. i'll take her off your hands!!!

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,230 Posts
I think the colours will be a little darker when she reaches adulthood..

·
10,320 Posts
Beautiful violet Budgies Clinton Indigo is the same in the first lot of the photo's when he was a baby... Did you get my photobucket photos of Indigo. Poor Indigo is molting at the moment... Let me know if you got Indigo's photos i sent to you

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Lyn,
I did looked at your photoes of your budgie Indigo, and I was impressed.
Don't worry the budgies only take 3 months to replace whole 10 primary feathers, its body moult take 3 months.
My yellow-faced violet budgie is female, but luckily for me I have a young violet-mauve normal male budgie, so they will make double factor yellow-faced type 1st violet-cobalt normal baby budgies in 1 year time.
Only problem is I do not know how to tell the diffenence between single factor violet-cobalt yellow-faced type 1st and double factor violet-cobalt yellow-faced type 1st.
Thankyou for photoes.

See my five resent photoes:
1) a single factor yellow-faced type 1st skyblue opaline spangle.
2) a double factor yellow-faced type 2nd cobalt normal.
3) a double factor yellow-faced type 2nd cobalt normal.
4) Left : a 1-year-old female double factor yellow-faced type 2nd skyblue normal spangle.
Right: a male single factor yellow-faced type 2nd skyblue normal spangle.
5) In future I will try to breed this single factor yellow-faced type 1st violet-cobalt opaline spangle budgies, with pale purple body and creamy face.

clinton9.

Beautiful violet Budgies Clinton Indigo is the same in the first lot of the photo's when he was a baby... Did you get my photobucket photos of Indigo. Poor Indigo is molting at the moment... Let me know if you got Indigo's photos i sent to you

Attachments

·
10,320 Posts
Clinton...so what is Indigo is he a yellow faced violet... I bought him in January 2012 his birthday is the 8th of December 2011.. I bought him home the first week in January 2012.so can you tell me how old Indigo would be from what I gave you just now... I am glad you liked Indigos photos he is a show budgie from a show breeder in Bundaberg..

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your bird Indigo is now 20-month-old and his plumage is full adult plumage now-bright & rich colours, with all adult feathers in body.
I liked the plumage of Indigo, but I would be happy if he don't have his flight feathers being clipped, as budgies are to enjoy flying to exerise and to feel good. Clipping the flight feathers caused the birds to feel unhappy and to have behavior problems, and have difficultly trying to aviod being caught & eaten by dogs & cats. I do not likes clipping wings of birds.

Clinton...so what is Indigo is he a yellow faced violet... I bought him in January 2012 his birthday is the 8th of December 2011.. I bought him home the first week in January 2012.so can you tell me how old Indigo would be from what I gave you just now... I am glad you liked Indigos photos he is a show budgie from a show breeder in Bundaberg..

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,409 Posts
Yellow face

Hi, Lynn, Indi is a yellow faced II violet. This causes the yellow to mix with the chest colors to produce a Sky blue and the back will be a deep blue violet. You should get him a lady love Yellow face I. At least some babies will be that violet single factor creamy and some could well be mauve and some could be normal violet with a white face. I have gotten these with Apollo' father who was also a yellow face II like Indi and Apollo. Violet is my all time favprite.

Blessings,

Jo Ann

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi, Lynn, Indi is a yellow faced II violet. This causes the yellow to mix with the chest colors to produce a Sky blue and the back will be a deep blue violet. You should get him a lady love Yellow face I. At least some babies will be that violet single factor creamy and some could well be mauve and some could be normal violet with a white face. I have gotten these with Apollo' father who was also a yellow face II like Indi and Apollo. Violet is my all time favprite.

Blessings,

Jo Ann
Jo Ann and Clinton, the yellow face genetics confuse me to death! Don't mean to jump into this thread, but figured I'd get some advice on the topic as well since I am in a similar situation. See the attached photos. The first pic is Scarlett when she was a couple months old (on the right) - she is a yellow (golden?) face violet - the pic doesnt show her deep purple well. The second pic is her as well, she is now 1.5 years. Look how strongly the yellow/gold bled into her body feathers! She had 7 babies, 3 of which have yellow faces. How do I know if her offspring will bleed into her body feathers or not? Three of her other babies were normal white faced.

·
10,320 Posts
By the way Clinton i am growing Indi's wings and the vet is going to show me how to cut them the right way i am growing the three long feathers and only triming the ones in the center... The only reason i have his wings cut is so i don't lose him out the door as there are two other people living in the house with me and they just go out the door with out telling me and if INdi follows them out the door then i have lost my beloved budgie... Indi can fly even if his wings are cut...The vet is going to show me how to do it in October so his wings should be longer by then.... I didn't want to cut his wings either i wanted them longer but my mum said it is for his safety... Im sure you can understand that as i see so many members on the form losing there beloved budgie out the door and then they are heart broken when they are gone.... I am just looking after my budgie i give him the best of everything this is why he is so healthy... Indi is no where near cats and dogs in this house hold... It is for his safety but as i said i am now growing his wings and getting them trimmed the right way so they still are long....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.