Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Member of the Month
7,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so for dominant pieds, they have a clear patch of feathers, which is the base colour, i know that. but if you were to have a yellowface skyblue dominant pied, would the clear patch be yellow or would it be white? for yellowface, does it change the base colour, or is the base colour still technically white even though it has a yellow face? thanks!!:D just another random mmutation question

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
in a Yellow Face Sky blue Dominate pied the "clear patch" is white (had to go run and take a look at Hope i couldn't remember LOL

it's what ever their base color is

the yellow only effects the Face on type 1 yellow face and only changes the hue of the body color in type 2 (meaning a type 2 yellow face sky blue normally looks Sea Foam Green, instead of the normal bright sky blue as normal sky blues)

On Hope she's a yellow face type 2 Dominate pied (so i've been told) Because her Yellow also goes into her Wings so they look like a dingy yellow instead of bright white

but as of right now the type 2 yellow face has not changed her sky blue color on her body and she is 9 months old

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
On a type 1 yellow face dominant pied the clear areas would be white. On a type 2 yellow face dominant pied they would be yellow after the first moult but in some cases they might be white before the moult

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
In saying all that, i think we all recognise that there are yellowface type 1 birds that have some spillage or run over. They can have patchy areas of yellow in the strangest places, and in varying concentrations. It again comes down to what i believe peter burgman was writing about, in that there are three blue alleles (technically five i think... b1, b2, bg1,bg2 and one other i cant recall just now...).

Anyhoo, i have a YF2 dominant pied grey, her wings are creamy yellow in the clear area :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.