Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Member of the Month
3,206 Posts
From that pic your hen's cere has changed. At least when that was taken.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I might be wrong..but yf2 is also dominant, so unless the green is split for blue, you'll get 50% yf2 greens, and 50% green normals. If the green is split for blue, you'll get yf2's, and normals..blue and green.

·
Human Bird Gym
2,669 Posts
I might be wrong..but yf2 is also dominant, so unless the green is split for blue, you'll get 50% yf2 greens, and 50% green normals. If the green is split for blue, you'll get yf2's, and normals..blue and green.
the green is automatic yellowface :p they can't be yf2. only blue birds can be yf or yf2. Its just not possible for a green that automaticly has a yellow face to be a yf2 :D trust me, I asked nev90 and he said pretty much the same thing lol. that would be like getting a white faced blue. its automatic, so its just not possible lol

If the green is split for blue, it is possible that a chick or two might take a blue gene from both parents and you'd get normal blues and some yf2 blues, but otherwise you'll get normal greens, normal greens / blue, and normal greens / blue & yf2 (correct me if Im wrong lol :D)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Thought I'd answered this before. Anyway here goes.

If neither bird is split for anything the chicks will be all light green and they will all be split for blue. Half of them would be masking yellow face but you wouldn't be able to tell which ones until you breed from them.

If the hen is split for blue you would get about 50% light green, 25% sky blue & 25% yellow face sky blue

The birds could be split for other mutations that could show up in their chicks

Incidentally your **** bird looks like type 1 yellow face

·
Registered
458 Posts
About greens not being yf2...I've heard that yes, greens can be yf2, but of course since they have yellow faces already, it doesn't show up until you breed them..and I think double factor yf2 means they have a white face, on blues..but I'm probably wrong of course..:S

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
About greens not being yf2...I've heard that yes, greens can be yf2, but of course since they have yellow faces already, it doesn't show up until you breed them..and I think double factor yf2 means they have a white face, on blues..but I'm probably wrong of course..:S
It's the double factor type 1 yellow face birds that have a white face

Green birds are not referred to as being a yellow face even if they are masking the gene

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.