Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
The chicks are really sweet. Congrats!! The blue on the blue budgie is really vibrant but I must say that I adore the black and white one!!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Congrats Elsabe! They are all such gorgeous babies :) I guess that's what happens when the parents are both beautiful as well!

I vote for more photos :)

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The chicks are really sweet. Congrats!! The blue on the blue budgie is really vibrant but I must say that I adore the black and white one!!
Thank you, but have you seen the variety of the mutations. In every batch of chicks they have, there is a surprise, like the first one! And the pale grey one last batch had a white head and this time it is yellow! And the there was no grey and white one before.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Cody and Purdey look like good healthy birds. They should produce good healthy babies. Even with a few more birds for you to feed, they don't cost much extra for extra food and basics.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are so beautiful!! I love that first baby, so unique!! :)
Jill
Thank you
Oh, I sold most of my budgies and wanted to breed only with the English Budgies, but the pair was already breeding and I kept them.
And now I am in love with them all. My sister wants one, so I will let her choose a male, if I can seeee who is who! The other ones, if there is a lady, will also be sold to a friend and then I will decide on what to do with the rest.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cody and Purdey look like good healthy birds. They should produce good healthy babies. Even with a few more birds for you to feed, they don't cost much extra for extra food and basics.
Yes, they are healthy! I thought about the day I bought Purdey. Here tailfeaters were so ruffled and some was missing, but I wanted her and now I am so glad that I bought her - she is full of surprises and they are very good parents too!

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am like Dries, still not any help with the mutations or do I have to wait till they are bigger and new photo's?

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
The first pic- Yellowface opaline greywing probably a cobalt.

For the last pic of the group-

Top chick- Grey opaline
Right chick- Cobalt opaline
Left chick- Yellowface grey opaline greywing
Bottom chick- Cobalt yellowface opaline

Most of the chicks look violet too :)

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Lovely babies. I've never seen such a beautiful Greywing. I'm pretty sure the chick on the right is a violet. Your jen is stunning!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Purdey and Codi sure are purdey! :) Sorry couldn't resist the terrible play on words. They are very handsome birds, no wonder the babies look so squeezable. :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Father: single factor violet-cobalt opaline, note purple colour in front of wing shoulder.
Mother: Double factor yellow-faced type 2nd mauve opaline.
Chicks: Opaline mauve, double factor yellow-faced type 2nd violet-skyblue, double factor yellow-faced type 2nd skyblue opaline greywing, cobalt opaline.
Youngest chick: May be a double factor yellow-faced type 2nd mauve greywing.

Mother had lost the brown colour on cere this means she is tired now and need a holiday (no breeding).

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Sorry you can't get a DF YF when only one parent is a YF - even if it is DF. If one parent is a DF YF all the babies will be single factor YF. If you get a baby that's not a YF the the parent isn't a Double factor.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Father: single factor violet-cobalt opaline, note purple colour in front of wing shoulder.
Mother: Double factor yellow-faced type 2nd mauve opaline.
Chicks: Opaline mauve, double factor yellow-faced type 2nd violet-skyblue, double factor yellow-faced type 2nd skyblue opaline greywing, cobalt opaline.
Youngest chick: May be a double factor yellow-faced type 2nd mauve greywing.

Mother had lost the brown colour on cere this means she is tired now and need a holiday (no breeding).
Clinton
Thank you, but the Dad and Mom's photo is an old one of them!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.