Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want you to look at these two pictures and tell me what you think. I believe that this hen is an YF lutino. Do you see that the face has a brighter yellow as the rest of the body?
I've look up on her genetics - she is a daughter of a lutino (the father was a grey spangle split ino)
The mother of this baby was bred form a YF cobalt and a green RP - so she could be a YF as well!
I know that they are colony bred and that one can't be sure of the parents, but that is how I have it.
Here are the pics:
Lutino.jpg

Polokwane-20121218-00681.jpg

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
My creamino Chiffon looked a little like that before the first molt. After her first molt her body looks mostly yellow with a whitewash look.
Yours is a pretty bird.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Craemino is a possibility, but wouldn't the feathers be white when it started to grow??

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
Not necassarily. When I got mine the feathers looked white in the store under their lights. As soon as I got her home I noticed yellow all over her under my lighting. As she aged the yellow got stronger.

·
Long Term Active Member Award April 2015
4,532 Posts
LOL... I have two lutinos and they are very bright canary yellow... shockingly yellow as a matter of fact... lutinos and creaminos are my fav budgie mutation!

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all! I've never thought that it could be an albino - thought it was a lutino. So I have to go back to the parents to look at their mutations.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.