Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just given my budgie cage a quick clean with a sponge soaked in warm water. My budgie pair aren't hand-tame, they'll take millet from you but that's it, so when Yurio flew out I was surprised when he decided to use me as a climbing frame to get back in. The first time he landed on my shoulder then hopped back in the top door, the second time he climbed up my leg then hopped back in the bottom door. Indie-Blue won't come anywhere near me without millet.

It's funny how last time Yurio got out he stayed clear of me, but this time he used me as a perch like it was completely natural. :D

·
Registered
910 Posts
That's great! Congrats. He's obviously getting comfortable with you. Hopefully Indie-Blue will see Yurio climbing on you and she will see that it's safe and start doing it too.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Indie-Blue sat on my hand this morning during our morning taming session, I just had millet at the back of my thumb with my hand flat and resting on the perch so it's just out of reach. Usually he leans over and does anything he can to get the millet without touching me, today he stepped up as Yurio nibbled my nails.

They're both getting braver. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.