Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a bird fair this past weekend and got my second English budgie, Zelda! (My first English and her boyfriend is named Link) The breeder told me that she was split for Spangle and a yellowface (not sure which one right now) and that she was grey and cinnamon. Would you please put in your two cents on visual mutation? :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yea she does look like grey cinnamon to me :) but I'm not sure..... Spangle is a dominant mutation I think... So it can't be split to to any mutation, but then again I'm not too sure. :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Wow what a pretty lady :) she has really nice feather. Congrats! And I agree with Airan, I don't think she can be split to spangle? Not 100% sure tho.

·
Registered
347 Posts
shes a cinnamon grey for sure . I don't think she could be split for either Yellowface or Spangle as both are dominant mutations . Lovely budgie though :D .

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh okay, I'm a bit rusty on my mutations. ;) Thanks so much guys! The breeder kept telling me that she was split for green. :rolleyes: Now I KNOW that's not possible! I'll look up the spangle and yellowface thing to be sure. I didn't even bother looking it up before asking you guys! :eek:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
You're right! Spangle and yellowface are both dominant! Well that's depressing, I was really hoping for those! Oh well, now I'll just go and see what the possibilities are for her and Link's babies. ;)

Do you think she might have violet in her as well? -- In fact, I think she's a "violet grey"

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Sorry about all the posts, lol, but I was also wondering if you could tell how many dark factors she has? I'm assuming none.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I've determined she is by now, lol. I'm still debating on dark factors though since she's grey.

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
She is a lovely hen with such a proud look about her!
Even if she isn't spangle, she's still a special lady.
Congratulations on the addition to the family :)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Oh she is just soooooooooo pretty!! She is so light I doubt she has any dark factors. Is she a cinnamon sky blue sf grey? I just want to kiss her little blue belly!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.