Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of my birds that have three chicks. I would just like to know what mutations could show up. The **** is a sky blue single factor spangle carrying ino. The hen is a double factor dominant pied grey wing double factor violet. Now I'm not sure but I'm going to guess the chicks mutations. The first one looks like a sky blue single factor violet normal with a pied spot. The second looks like a dominant pied grey wing. The third is definitely an albino female.

·
Registered
178 Posts
all your chicks will be sf dominant pied violets.50% of both sexes would also be spangle and 50% of females will be albinos.the first chick must be sf dominant pied.If the second chick is greywing the father must be split for greywing or dilute.The third chick is masking dom pied and violet.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you nezvolt. The chicks have aged a couple days and I I'm almost positive on their colors now.
1st normal sky blue single factor violet normal with a pied spot.
2nd dominant pied grey wing blue single factor violet.
3 albino

If this is their color mutations can you help me figure out what mutation Violet is? She has no color on her wings and very faint grey striping on her neck. I can also see a pied spot in her neck stripes. Her back is most certainly violet and she may have a dark or grey factor. Here is a picture. Thanks for your help.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
She looks like you have it right to me. Double factor domanant pied greywing violet. Its harder to tell on the dark factor she is since the greywing dilutes her color, If I had to guess though I would say she had no dark factors. I Have one that looks just like her =)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh well I didn't know that just having the spot could mean the chick is dominant pied. I thought they had to have the wing markings as well. Ok thanks for the information.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Yeah heres a pic of him(I know its not a good one but its the only one I can find where you can see the small spot he has because he is always looking at the camara!) and one of a chick he and a normal skyblue opaline hen just had had. I had never really thought of him as a dominant pied either till they had chicks :) I think its just the clear flight pieds that have to have the wing markings too. We'd love to see some pics of the babies!

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
what coour is he second chick if hes cobalt then mum must hve one dark factor, if sky blue chances are shes not got any (sky blue)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.