Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Member of the Month August 2015
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.. I just got this to give it a try and my birds seem to love it.

Amazon.com : ZuPreem Smart Selects for Parakeet, 2 lb : Pet Supplies

This seems to be a seed/pellet blend. I am using it more as a treat right now... that's how much they love it.

Anyone else use this product?? I'm interested to hear what you all think of it. (It's a little on the spendy side..) For their daily seed, I mix Dr. Harvey's, Volkman's and Drs. Foster and Smith.

·
Servant of The King
11,974 Posts
I bought a bag in the ****atiel - lovebird size a couple month's back, and my budgies loved it, and so did my tiel...:)

·
Member of the Month April 2014
3,539 Posts
I've never tried this but I do give my birds the Zupreme Fruitblend pellets which they gobble up like Pac Man.:D

Seperate servings of seed and pellets work better for my budgies than both blended together.:)

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,409 Posts
Zupreem smart

When I checked the size dif between canary and budgie I could not tell the diff.
It has tempting options to switch birds to pellets, Would I make it basic diet , No. Please see the Sticky in diet and nutrition on using more of the basic seeds like canary, and various types of millets, oat groats are thebasic seeds and should cover 80-85 percent of content. All the other stuff is costly filler. You want to focus on complex carbs, and proteins for a high quality diet. Use the other stuff as treats or transition food or food to gain weight. Check out the sticky and then ask any further questions. TB memebers from across the globe pooed their best info from their part of the world to come up with a good basic seed component of the diet. do not forget fresh, egg food, pellets/processed grains to increase protein and nutrients hard to be met by a seed only diet :budge: Blessings, Jo Ann

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.