Talk Budgies Forums

Talk Budgies Forums (https://www.talkbudgies.com/forum.php)
-   Vacations and Getaways (https://www.talkbudgies.com/178-vacations-getaways/)
-   -   My latest escapade into the wilderness! (https://www.talkbudgies.com/vacations-getaways/302521-my-latest-escapade-into-wilderness.html)

StarlingWings 07-31-2015 10:18 PM

My latest escapade into the wilderness!
 
Hello to all!

Well, as you (may ;)) have noticed, I am back from my lovely weekend getaway!

The weather was lovely up in Vail and everything was green and mild :)
We stayed at a lovely hotel which was tucked into a mountain valley and had lots of fun walking around the extensive parks and ski towns.

Without further ado, here are some pictures! :p

Here is Vail Village, the main center of the ski town. It's very picturesque :rolleyes:
https://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...pskyvwdx1o.jpg

You can see the green ski slopes in this one!
https://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5tsz2q5e.jpg

Here's a view from the lodge:
https://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4kgo8w92.jpg

Our lovely lodge at dusk :D
https://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...pskm77iup9.jpg

We went to a lovely little pub on the premises called "The Grouse on the Green" and this was the patio view!
https://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...pspbp3neah.jpg

Okay, now get ready for lots of flower pictures! There's a beautiful botanical garden a short walk from the Village and I couldn't resist all the flowers :love:

https://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...psbl6glztw.jpg
https://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...psyegi7xxl.jpg
https://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...psj7uadfmb.jpg
https://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...pstdmls4m2.jpg

Here's a pretty waterfall in the gardens:
https://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...psgjafyiie.jpg

https://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...psjfzengqa.jpg
https://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...pskbprcrrq.jpg
https://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...pscy3pntn5.jpg
https://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...pspih0ovmv.jpg

Well, that about sums it up! Mallorn was cross when I got back :giggle:

Hope you enjoyed, thank you for dropping by :o

FaeryBee 07-31-2015 10:22 PM

Thank you for allowing us to enjoy your weekend getaway through your beautiful pictures, Star!

The lodge looks lovely, the views exquisite and the flowers are beautiful!

Do you ski and have you ever been there in the winter?

Jonah 07-31-2015 10:35 PM

look's like a really nice place...thank's for sharing....:)

StarlingWings 08-01-2015 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaeryBee (Post 3102961)
Thank you for allowing us to enjoy your weekend getaway through your beautiful pictures, Star!

The lodge looks lovely, the views exquisite and the flowers are beautiful!

Do you ski and have you ever been there in the winter?

You're very welcome, Deb ;) It was a lovely trip. We've never actually stayed in Vail during the winter because we don't ski...:o I know, Coloradans who don't ski, what an oxymoron!
Well, anyways, even if we did ski, hotels in Vail during the winter run upwards of $300 a night or more! :scare:

In the summer we can get really good rates and the scenery is still stellar :giggle:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonah (Post 3103017)
look's like a really nice place...thank's for sharing....:)

Thank you, Randy :D It was lovely ;)

Kate C 08-01-2015 01:45 AM

That is just so beautiful Star. I am so envious.

aluz 08-01-2015 04:57 AM

What a wonderful scenery, I see you had a great time on your little getaway! :D
I'm seeing some beautiful snapdragons on the second flower pic, I have them also on my back and front yards, they're one of my favourites.
We called them "Boca de lobo" here in my country, roughly translated "wolf's mouth". :)

nuxi 08-01-2015 12:25 PM

Beautiful photos!:) Thanks for sharing!:)

Jo Ann 08-01-2015 12:52 PM

My
 
What a great adventure!!! It is really hard to believe that all that grass is white in the winter. I love flowers like snaps too. We plant them early spring and fall here in Georgia. It is too hot for them in the summer.

Foster and Smith has these wonderful treat rings with spinach, and grass and millet on them. You should order one or two for Malleron for being a good birdy while you were gone. I can not keep them in stock at home.
After the birds chew off the treat it becomes a wooden toy or you can get really creative and add things for the birds to play with and make it even better
toy. So glad you enjoyed your trip.

:p:budge::hug::clap: Blessings, Jo Ann :p

StarlingWings 08-01-2015 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate C (Post 3103121)
That is just so beautiful Star. I am so envious.

Thank you Kate, I'm glad you enjoyed it ;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluz (Post 3103257)
What a wonderful scenery, I see you had a great time on your little getaway! :D
I'm seeing some beautiful snapdragons on the second flower pic, I have them also on my back and front yards, they're one of my favourites.
We called them "Boca de lobo" here in my country, roughly translated "wolf's mouth". :)

Thanks Ana :D I have some bright yellow snapdragons in my garden as well, that's interesting that they are called "Boca de Lobo"! I actually understood that since although Portuguese is different from Spanish, they have a lot in common :giggle: I'm fluent in Spanish since my mum studied Spanish as an exchange student and taught me when I was little. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuxi (Post 3103665)
Beautiful photos!:) Thanks for sharing!:)

Thanks Gaby! I'm glad you enjoyed them :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo Ann (Post 3103753)
What a great adventure!!! It is really hard to believe that all that grass is white in the winter. I love flowers like snaps too. We plant them early spring and fall here in Georgia. It is too hot for them in the summer.

Foster and Smith has these wonderful treat rings with spinach, and grass and millet on them. You should order one or two for Malleron for being a good birdy while you were gone. I can not keep them in stock at home.
After the birds chew off the treat it becomes a wooden toy or you can get really creative and add things for the birds to play with and make it even better
toy. So glad you enjoyed your trip.

:p:budge::hug::clap: Blessings, Jo Ann :p

Thank you JoAnn! Georgia is pretty hot down there!

What a great treat you mentioned, I'll definitely have to look for it! Mallorn LOVES spinach and of course, millet, and chewing things :giggle:

Thank you for the idea!:rolleyes:

wwdragon 08-01-2015 03:28 PM

It looks so nice :) Thank you so much for the pics, now I feel as if I was on vacation and I need one lol

So how mad was your bundle of feathers when you got back? hehehe

Barry


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2000- 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2006 - , 2403 Networks LLC. All rights reserved.