05-21-2015, 08:48 PM
Need Reassurance about molting
I know there have been questions lately about molts. While I don't mean to belabor the point, I need to make sure I don't need to do something more/different in this situation.
My birds, right now all 5, but Cody especially, seem to be in some kind of marathon or at least rapidly recurring molt. In general, they don't look sick, but they are a motley looking bunch of late and Cody seems miserable. Here's what I'm doing.
1. ACV in water.. most every day during this time.
2. Misting them.. and offering the daily spa special of a parsley bath
3. Egg food and flax or oat groats..
4. Veggies daily... different variety du jour
5. They still are out of cage most of the day.. still eating... maybe some slightly loose poo.
I HATE seeing Cody look miserable. He still runs across his bridges to keep up with the others, but rests more in the afternoon.. seems like he is just plain tired, grumpy and not feeling great. Still goes after his millet treats with gusto and is eating just fine.
Cody is my oldest bird.
Suggestions???? The youngest birds (under a year) seem better than the two older birds... Normal?