I had a flock of 4 budgies but lost 1 of them due to tumor 10 months ago and another one probably due to AGY 4 months ago. Now my third budgie is ill
He had no symptoms before but I took them to the vet because my previous one had AGY, he did some tests and told me they didn't have it at that point but that I should retake the tests every couple of months.
I watched for any signs of illness in them but I saw nothing until last weekend when my usually active budgie started sleeping a lot! We don't have emergency vets here for birds so I had to wait until Tuesday to go. Yesterday they confirmed he had megabacteria
That opened a whole other problem for me because we don't have a cure here, we have to order it from abroad and wait 7-10 days to arrive. I found out the same medicine is used for humans so I contacted my doctor to prescribe me that medicine so I can get it sooner. It should be here today.
As you can imagine, I'm going crazy. I feel so bad they also have AGY and I keep asking myself if I should do something before.
Is it even treatable at this point? My heart is broken.